Salsa Chicken Skillet is the perfect one-pan meal! With chicken, a creamy sauce, tortillas and lots of cheese this will quickly become your busy weeknight go-to.
This is something that I’ve been making for years. It’s really quick, just a few ingredients and all cooked in one pan. Did I mention that it’s fast? Did I mention it’s delicious? Did I mention that kids and adults both will love this meal? Did I mention how good this is even though it may not *look* extra appealing?
There really wasn’t a way, no matter how I staged this meal, to look anything but sloppy. BUT HOW DELICIOUSLY SLOPPY IT IS!
Everything in this dish melds so well together so perfectly that presentation will be the least of your worries if you make this for your family.
How to make Salsa Chicken Skillet:
Start by dicing the chicken and onions. Add oil to a skillet over medium/high then add chicken and onion. Start to saute. Cook chicken through until no longer pink.
Next, cut up the tortilla pieces like a pie.
Once the chicken is cooked pour the flour over the top, stir to combine with chicken. Then add the chicken stock and ranch dressing.
Bring to a boil and let the sauce thicken.
Add your tortillas to the top of the skillet and stir to combine. Cook for around 3-5 minutes.
On top of the chicken & tortillas pour the entire jar of salsa on top. Don’t stir.
Place cheese on top. Cook until cheese is melted or put this under the broiler to melt the cheese.
Serve with some lettuce and sour cream. And here you are….
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Originally published in September of 2016. Updated photos & recipe April of 2019.
Thank you so much to this Sunday Supper host Liz from that Skinny Chick Can Bake. Do you need more quick meal ideas? Check these out……
Favorite Skillet Breakfasts
- Sweet Potato, Bacon, and Egg Skillet by Positively Stacey
Favorite Skillet Sides
- Crispy Roasted Sweet Potatoes by Home Sweet Homestead
Favorite Skillet Entrees
- Alex’s Favorite Skillet Meal by The Freshman Cook
- Apple, Squash and Chicken Skillet by The Redhead Baker
- Black Bean and Rice Skillet by Wholistic Woman
- Chakchouka (Tunisian Eggs in Tomato Sauce) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Chili Joes by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- How to cook ChopSuey Vegetable Stir Fry with Beef by Asian In America
- Clean Eating Hamburger Helper Skillet by A Mind Full Mom
- Creamy Paprika Chicken & Peppers by My Life Cookbook
- Easy Pink Pasta Skillet by Family Foodie
- Easy Skillet Lasagna by New South Charm
- Greek Turkey Spinach Skillet by Cooking Chat
- Hatch Chile Shakshuka by Helpful Homemade
- Healthy Vegetable Skillet Dinner by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Huevos Rancheros by The Hungry Goddess
- Japanese Korean Tofu Sliders by The Ninja Baker
- Healthy Kielbasa, Brussels Sprouts, Potato & Pear Skillet by Food Done Light
- Kung Pao Chicken by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lemon Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken and Vegetables by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Loaded Skillet White Pesto Pizza by Crazed Mom
- One Pan Taco Rice Skillet by The Chef Next Door
- One Pot Beef Stroganoff by My World Simplified
- Pork and Sweet Potato Hash by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Pork with Gingered Pluots by Palatable Pastime
- Salsa Chicken Skillet by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Sautéed Gnocchi with Pomodo Crudo by What Smells So Good?
- Smothered Potatoes and Sausage by Sunday Supper Movement
- Spanish Rice and Beef Skillet Dinner by Meal Planning Magic
- Spicy Sausage Pasta Skillet by Caroline’s Cooking
- Summer Squash Frittata by Pies and Plots
- Tamale Pie by Monica’s Table
- Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Skillet by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Veggie-Packed Sloppy Joes by Powered By BLING
- Yellow Rice Skillet by Cricket’s Confections
Favorite Skillet Desserts
- Fudgy Skillet Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie by The Crumby Cupcake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.