We are expecting our first substantial snow fall here today in Southwestern Michigan. How exciting! I feel like the holiday can finally get under way. I’ve strung the lights up outside, put up the tree, hit the Amazon Cyber Monday deals. We are way ahead of schedule this year and only have a few presents left to get so that means in not too long I have to do one task that I don’t particular like about Christmas-wrapping presents. I’ll be honest, I suck at it! However one tradition that I have kind of makes it easy to get through, I enjoy a big glass of eggnog while doing it. That creamy concoction mixed with a little spiced rum….yummy! Makes the fact that I cannot make even a shirt box look presentable a little less stinging. But I’ve never had ‘nog any other way….so I decided to try something different.
In order to let everyone this holiday season enjoy eggnog I decided to use it in a method that is quickly becoming one of my favorite ways to cook ~ no bake cheesecake. A no bake cheesecake can be changed up to suite the needs of any occasion. Have a picnic? Make my Chocolate Bottom Strawberry Cheesecake. Need a quick dessert for a football cookout? Whip up a Butterscotch Bottom Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake. Easy, fast, versatile and more importantly~delicious! This Caramel Bottom Eggnog Cheesecake with Ginger Snap Crust is a winner for the holidays. And did you see that I said ‘easy’? Check out the video showing how quickly it comes together.
Dessert is made. So now you can get back to wrapping all those presents. I hope you are better at it than I am! And here you are……
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Happy Holidays!
Thank you Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure for hosting this holiday recipe roundup for everyone who loves eggnog! Get 20+ more recipes here…..
- Caramel Bottom Eggnog Cheesecake by Bottom Left of Mitten
- Chocolate Eggnog Poke Cake by Crazed Mom
- Eggnog Bread Pudding with Warm Whiskey Sauce by The Crumby Cupcake
- Eggnog Macarons by Baking Sense
- Eggnog Macaroons by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Eggnog Pie by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Gingerbread Bars with Eggnog Frosting by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Layered Gingerbread Cake with Eggnog Frosting by The Freshman Cook
- Mini Eggnog Cheesecakes by Authentically Candace
- Coconut Milk Eggnog by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Eggnog Coffee Frappe by And She Cooks
- Gingerbread Eggnog Latte by Palatable Pastime
- Spiked Eggnog Hot White Cocoa by The Weekend Gourmet
- Traditional Homemade Eggnog by The Redhead Baker
Breakfast and Breakfast Pastries
- Baked Eggnog Donuts by Life Tastes Good
- Coconut Eggnog Overnight Oats (with homemade eggnog) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Cranberry Eggnog Scones by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Eggnog Pancakes with Cranberry Syrup by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Eggnog Scones by Feeding Big
- Craig Claiborne’s Eggnog Mousse by Food Lust People Love
- Easy Eggnog Fudge by Sunday Supper Movement
- Eggnog Crème Anglaise by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Eggnog Panna Cotta with Cinnamon Whipped Cream by Tramplingrose
- Eggnog Pudding Parfaits by Pies and Plots
- Healthy Eggnog Rice Pudding by Cricket’s Confections
- Homemade Eggnog Ice Cream by Simple and Savory
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
*Music ‘A Hoot’ by Partners in Rhyme
I love a great cup of coffee. I love brownies packed with chocolate flavor. How about adding said coffee to the brownies? Sure! Add cherries? Yes! Chock it full of nuts? Why the heck not!
This is my 2nd recipe for #Choctoberfest! Just check out in the link up below to see all of the great recipes that other awesome bloggers came up with and you will see how I feel so honored to be part of this group. Along with this honor comes a great opportunity to work with one of this years sponsors, Caveman Coffee. When I received my packages of White Gold Coffee & Cocoa Butter I knew what I had to make, brownies. Better than that, they were going to be coffee brownies! In honor of my husbands birthday today I add some cherries. He loves chocolate & cherry ice cream so it seemed like a good choice. Then finally walnuts. What are brownies without nuts? Perfection!
Let’s get started! Combine sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Add the wet ingredients: eggs, butter, vanilla and coffee. Chop cherries then add to batter. Finally add walnuts. Layer in a greased 8×11 dish. Put in preheated 350 degree oven and cook for 18-20 minutes. And here you are….
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!