With football season we usually spend mornings at my son’s games then the afternoons back at home watching the big games. Now I don’t watch but I do get my ‘Game On’ making food that I know my boys will love to snack on while they watch. They love the classics: burgers, wings and tacos. This week I’m making Walking Tacos with a Chili Cheese upgrade.
The great thing about these walking tacos is that you can hit the store and grab a variety of chips for the base. While I went for the traditional nacho chip for most of them I did pick up few surprise bags special for my 11 year old, spicy fries. When we lived in town I knew he was getting older when a bunch of boys set off on their own to go to the convenience store up the road and pick out their own snack and pay with their own money. Inevitably they would come back with one kind or another of these fries and with fingers as orange as the sun. Since moving to the new house he doesn’t get to walk to the store anymore so I figured I would pick them up and make his walking tacos with them.
Start with browning the beef. To the meat add cumin, chili powder and garlic power. Cook until completely browned then drain the excess fat from the pan. Add to a bowl and then you are ready for the chili cheese sauce. In a bowl add the one can of chili with beans and 1/2 cup Colby Jack cheese. Place a paper towel or two over the top of the bowl then microwave for 3 minutes. Stir to combine and that is it for the chili cheese.
For the bags I cut a vertical slit down the middle then a slit horizontally to the top and bottom then opened it up. Right on the top add the chili cheese then the meat. Chop up some lettuce, tomatoes, onions into small pieces. Set out some sour cream or guacamole and some more cheese of course. Go ahead and set this up bar style so that everyone can make their own and add what they like. And here you are….
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Thank you to this weeks Sunday Supper host! Check out all the other recipes that will keep you in Taco Heaven.
Easy Taco Recipes #SundaySupper
Breakfast, Dessert, and Alternative Tacos
- Jalapeno Cornbread Taco Pie by Soulfully Made
- Loaded Taco Tots by Gourmet Everyday
- Naked Egg Breakfast Tacos by Palatable Pastime
- Spicy Beef Cheesy Corn Taco Muffins by Food Lust People Love
- Veggie Packed Mouth-Watering Cauliflower Breakfast Tostadas by Bites of Wellness
Lunch and Dinner Tacos
- 1970s Style Tacos by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Asian-Spiced Black Cod Tacos with Kimchi and Avocado-Sriracha Mayo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Buffalo Chicken Tacos by A Mind Full Mom
- Chorizo Tacos with Black Bean and Corn Salsa by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cinnamon Beef Tacos by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Easy Fish Taco Recipe by Sunday Supper Movement
- Healthy Ground Turkey Tacos by Mid-Life Croissant
- Low Carb Beef Tacos by Our Good Life
- Salmon Tacos with Watermelon Pico de Gallo by Pies and Plots
- Sloppy Joe Tacos by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Slow Cooker Asian Pork Tacos with Cabbage Slaw by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Slow Cooker Korean BBQ Tacos by Cricket’s Confections
- Steak Tacos with Chimichurri Sauce by The Freshman Cook
- Surf and Turf Tacos by The Weekend Gourmet
- Walking Chili Cheese Tacos by Bottom Left of the Mitten
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.