Salsa Chicken Skillet is the perfect one-pan meal! With chicken, a creamy sauce, tortillas and lots of cheese this will quickly become your busy weeknight go-to.
This is something that I’ve been making for years. It’s really quick, just a few ingredients and all cooked in one pan. Did I mention that it’s fast? Did I mention it’s delicious? Did I mention that kids and adults both will love this meal? Did I mention how good this is even though it may not *look* extra appealing?
There really wasn’t a way, no matter how I staged this meal, to look anything but sloppy. BUT HOW DELICIOUSLY SLOPPY IT IS!
Everything in this dish melds so well together so perfectly that presentation will be the least of your worries if you make this for your family.
How to make Salsa Chicken Skillet:
Start by dicing the chicken and onions. Add oil to a skillet over medium/high then add chicken and onion. Start to saute. Cook chicken through until no longer pink.
Next, cut up the tortilla pieces like a pie.
Once the chicken is cooked pour the flour over the top, stir to combine with chicken. Then add the chicken stock and ranch dressing.
Bring to a boil and let the sauce thicken.
Add your tortillas to the top of the skillet and stir to combine. Cook for around 3-5 minutes.
On top of the chicken & tortillas pour the entire jar of salsa on top. Don’t stir.
Place cheese on top. Cook until cheese is melted or put this under the broiler to melt the cheese.
Serve with some lettuce and sour cream. And here you are….
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Originally published in September of 2016. Updated photos & recipe April of 2019.
Thank you so much to this Sunday Supper host Liz from that Skinny Chick Can Bake. Do you need more quick meal ideas? Check these out……
Favorite Skillet Breakfasts
- Sweet Potato, Bacon, and Egg Skillet by Positively Stacey
Favorite Skillet Sides
- Crispy Roasted Sweet Potatoes by Home Sweet Homestead
Favorite Skillet Entrees
- Alex’s Favorite Skillet Meal by The Freshman Cook
- Apple, Squash and Chicken Skillet by The Redhead Baker
- Black Bean and Rice Skillet by Wholistic Woman
- Chakchouka (Tunisian Eggs in Tomato Sauce) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Chili Joes by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- How to cook ChopSuey Vegetable Stir Fry with Beef by Asian In America
- Clean Eating Hamburger Helper Skillet by A Mind Full Mom
- Creamy Paprika Chicken & Peppers by My Life Cookbook
- Easy Pink Pasta Skillet by Family Foodie
- Easy Skillet Lasagna by New South Charm
- Greek Turkey Spinach Skillet by Cooking Chat
- Hatch Chile Shakshuka by Helpful Homemade
- Healthy Vegetable Skillet Dinner by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Huevos Rancheros by The Hungry Goddess
- Japanese Korean Tofu Sliders by The Ninja Baker
- Healthy Kielbasa, Brussels Sprouts, Potato & Pear Skillet by Food Done Light
- Kung Pao Chicken by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lemon Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken and Vegetables by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Loaded Skillet White Pesto Pizza by Crazed Mom
- One Pan Taco Rice Skillet by The Chef Next Door
- One Pot Beef Stroganoff by My World Simplified
- Pork and Sweet Potato Hash by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Pork with Gingered Pluots by Palatable Pastime
- Salsa Chicken Skillet by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Sautéed Gnocchi with Pomodo Crudo by What Smells So Good?
- Smothered Potatoes and Sausage by Sunday Supper Movement
- Spanish Rice and Beef Skillet Dinner by Meal Planning Magic
- Spicy Sausage Pasta Skillet by Caroline’s Cooking
- Summer Squash Frittata by Pies and Plots
- Tamale Pie by Monica’s Table
- Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Skillet by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Veggie-Packed Sloppy Joes by Powered By BLING
- Yellow Rice Skillet by Cricket’s Confections
Favorite Skillet Desserts
- Fudgy Skillet Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie by The Crumby Cupcake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Need a quick appetizer for a get-together or cookout? Ham and Salami Roll-ups have soft flour tortillas wrapped up with ham, salami, cream cheese, and pickle. These will disappear in no time!
I’m going to come right out and say something that might make me unpopular. Summer is coming to an end and I am very happy about it. I know this kind of talk is shunned, especially in a state like Michigan, but I can’t help it. Fall is the best! Tailgating, cookouts and enjoying the last few months of warm weather. I am into it!
Do you have tailgating and cookouts on your mind this fall? Check out these other dishes that are ready to party:
How to make Ham and Salami Roll-ups:
First, make sure that your cream cheese has softened some. If you try and mix the spices it will be too hard if not and then also you can tar the tortilla when spreading it. I left mine out for about 30 minutes. Once softened add your chili powder, garlic & seasoning salt to it. Mix well.
Next, cut up all your cheese and tomatoes. You will get 3 roll-ups from each tortilla so make sure you have 36 pieces of cheese, tomatoes, and olives for the garnish.
All that’s left to do is assemble. Lay out all of my tortillas and then layer from there. Tortilla layered with cream cheese mixture, add salami, add ham, add pickle and roll.
Now you will add 3 toothpicks to secure. Cut in even sections. Add a piece of cheese, tomato, and olive for garnish.
And here you are….
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Originally published in October of 2016. Updated post in March of 2019.
Thank you so much to Coleen from The Redhead Baker for hosting this weeks Sunday Supper. Get your hungry game watchers filled up fast with these other Easy Football Food Ideas…….
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Avocado Corn Salad by Books ‘n Cooks
- Bacon-wrapped Shrimp Jalapeño Poppers by Food Lust People Love
- BLT Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs by Highlands Ranch Foodie
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos with Cilantro Crème by Cooking with Carlee
- Chipotle Lime Chicken Fajita Sliders by Flavor Mosaic
- Cucumber Shrimp Cups by Sunday Supper Movement
- Game Day Burger Sliders by Dessert Geek
- Gyro Meatballs & Herbed Yogurt Dip by My Life Cookbook
- Ham and Salami Rollups by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Healthier Patatas Bravas by Caroline’s Cooking
- Kale Pesto Dip by Cooking Chat
- Lemony Chicken Wings by Basic N Delicious
- Liptauer (Hungarian Cheese Spread) by Curious Cuisinere
- Loaded Guacamole by Casa de Crews
- Loaded Smashed Potatoes by The Hungry Goddess
- Mexican Spinach Dip by Meal Planning Magic
- Nachodillas with Jalapeno Bean Dip by Palatable Pastime
- No-Bake Almond Energy Bites by Pies and Plots
- PB&J Wings by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pork Belly Sliders by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Queso Blanco Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Roasted Jalapeno and Chorizo Queso by The Texan New Yorker
- Sausage Pizza Dip from Family Foodie
- Ultimate Taco Dip by Monica’s Table
- Bacon Swiss Burger Sliders by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Black Bean Chili by Cricket’s Confections
- Blackberry Sriracha BBQ Wings by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Honey Lime BBQ Chicken Thighs by Our Good Life
- Mexican Pizza by Chef Next Door
- Oven-Fried Chicken Tenders by Food Done Light
- Oven-Fried Fish Sliders by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by The Redhead Baker
- White Chicken Chili by Powered by BLING
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad by Crazed Mom
- 5-Ingredient Buckeye Dip by A Mind Full Mom
- Brownie Bomb Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Football Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Miso Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches by Ninja Baker
- Touchdown Popcorn Toffee Bark by The Weekend Gourmet
- White Chocolate Toffee Chunk Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.