Well, the Holiday Season is upon us. Whether I have to drag you kicking and screaming and inject you with season cheer. Or if you’ve had your finger on the Christmas tree lights while wearing your reindeer antlers. It’s here. Alas! Now me, I’m a holiday person. Pumpkin pie, dress the turkey, trim the tree, hang the stockings. Yes to all of it! But once the holiday is over-I’m over it. The next day: Tree-gone! Lights on the house-gone! Let’s not dwell and start thinking about the new year. But while it is here, I really do enjoy every moment of it. So this year one of the ways we’re going to enjoy it is by having some friends over for a Craft Beer Tasting Party!
Santa likes craft beer as much as I do! Or I inadvertently placed that there.
Usually when we have a party it’s BYOB and a dish to pass. Which is great as the host I only have to come up with one dish and also get to try all the great food that our friends make. This year I’m making Party Perfect Spinach & Artichoke Dip. It’s a dish that I see on almost every brew pub menu so it’s a great appetizer for this party. Let’s get cooking. Or stirring, because it’s that simple. Cook the spinach to package directions and make sure it’s strained. Mix all other ingredients together up until the shredded cheese. Split half into the mixture. Put dip into an oven proof dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until cheese is melted. Like I said, party perfect!
For the ultimate craft beer party a tasting set is key. It gives guests a unique way to experience craft beer. Each glass contains a tasting marker for what beer goes best with what glass. These also make spectacular Christmas gifts for the Craft Beer Lover in your life.
Since we are having a craft beer party I thought I would throw out the usual BYOB for this party and call it the ‘Sixer Mixer’. Bring a six pack of beer for all to share. Some like IPA’s, some like Hefeweizen. Some like Pilsners, some like Stouts. Beer has a unique talent of finding just the right one for you. Plus this beer sharing goes perfectly with the fun game that we’re playing, Brew Haha! Can you get creative enough to beat your friends?
And finally what is a party without music? Hook up the Friday Afternoon Speaker and crank up the jams. Crack your beer open, tip it over then put the phone in the now available ‘holder’. I highly suggest queuing up some Yelawolf. He is backed up by a Michigan native, maybe you’ve heard of him, Eminem! If you have someone on your gift list that loves music and beer, this would make a great gift.
Love what I showed you here for the party? Visit Uncommon Goods for more gift ideas!
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Party On & Happy Holidays!
This Ham It Up Cheese Ball is a quick and easy appetizer recipe. Serve up with chips or crackers and you are ready to party!
This week for Mitten Movie Night I’m shaking things up a bit! No beer pairing. Instead, I am sharing a quick appetizer that can be made for all the fun parties and tailgates that are going on for Fall. Just a few ingredients and you’ve got a creamy, cheesy, hammy cheese ball recipe.
Usually, Friday night is the night hubby and I relax. Watch a movie, grab a good beer after eating a great dinner. But tonight is different because I have another date…with my 10-year-old! We are heading to see author Johnathan Rand at the local Middle School. On a trip 3 years ago to Mackinac Island we found his Michigan Chillers books so we purchased a few. Since then Big A’s collection has grown quite extensively to include most of the American Chillers as well. Here he is a few years ago for ‘Dress Like A Book Character Day’ in honor of Kentucky Komodo Dragons.
It was exciting when I was reading our local newspaper and found out he was coming right here to our little town! We may be small but we have a great Chamber of Commerce, the Dogwood Fine Arts which is putting this together as well as Southwestern Michigan College who put on plays that just make my jaw drop. It’s a great place to live in the Bottom Left of the Mitten. So he and I are going to head there while Dad & Little A stay home.
Ok, on to the cheese ball! I am making this for a party that we are going to tomorrow. Hayride, good friends, good food. I’m excited. The nice thing about this is it takes just a few ingredients and quick even though it does require some serious stirring. Check out the video below………
Serve with some pita chips and this cheese ball is party perfect!
And here you are….
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
*Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.
**Music ‘A Hoot’ by Partners in Rhyme
Need a quick appetizer for a get-together or cookout? Ham and Salami Roll-ups have soft flour tortillas wrapped up with ham, salami, cream cheese, and pickle. These will disappear in no time!
I’m going to come right out and say something that might make me unpopular. Summer is coming to an end and I am very happy about it. I know this kind of talk is shunned, especially in a state like Michigan, but I can’t help it. Fall is the best! Tailgating, cookouts and enjoying the last few months of warm weather. I am into it!
Do you have tailgating and cookouts on your mind this fall? Check out these other dishes that are ready to party:
How to make Ham and Salami Roll-ups:
First, make sure that your cream cheese has softened some. If you try and mix the spices it will be too hard if not and then also you can tar the tortilla when spreading it. I left mine out for about 30 minutes. Once softened add your chili powder, garlic & seasoning salt to it. Mix well.
Next, cut up all your cheese and tomatoes. You will get 3 roll-ups from each tortilla so make sure you have 36 pieces of cheese, tomatoes, and olives for the garnish.
All that’s left to do is assemble. Lay out all of my tortillas and then layer from there. Tortilla layered with cream cheese mixture, add salami, add ham, add pickle and roll.
Now you will add 3 toothpicks to secure. Cut in even sections. Add a piece of cheese, tomato, and olive for garnish.
And here you are….
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Originally published in October of 2016. Updated post in March of 2019.
Thank you so much to Coleen from The Redhead Baker for hosting this weeks Sunday Supper. Get your hungry game watchers filled up fast with these other Easy Football Food Ideas…….
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Avocado Corn Salad by Books ‘n Cooks
- Bacon-wrapped Shrimp Jalapeño Poppers by Food Lust People Love
- BLT Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs by Highlands Ranch Foodie
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos with Cilantro Crème by Cooking with Carlee
- Chipotle Lime Chicken Fajita Sliders by Flavor Mosaic
- Cucumber Shrimp Cups by Sunday Supper Movement
- Game Day Burger Sliders by Dessert Geek
- Gyro Meatballs & Herbed Yogurt Dip by My Life Cookbook
- Ham and Salami Rollups by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Healthier Patatas Bravas by Caroline’s Cooking
- Kale Pesto Dip by Cooking Chat
- Lemony Chicken Wings by Basic N Delicious
- Liptauer (Hungarian Cheese Spread) by Curious Cuisinere
- Loaded Guacamole by Casa de Crews
- Loaded Smashed Potatoes by The Hungry Goddess
- Mexican Spinach Dip by Meal Planning Magic
- Nachodillas with Jalapeno Bean Dip by Palatable Pastime
- No-Bake Almond Energy Bites by Pies and Plots
- PB&J Wings by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pork Belly Sliders by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Queso Blanco Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Roasted Jalapeno and Chorizo Queso by The Texan New Yorker
- Sausage Pizza Dip from Family Foodie
- Ultimate Taco Dip by Monica’s Table
- Bacon Swiss Burger Sliders by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Black Bean Chili by Cricket’s Confections
- Blackberry Sriracha BBQ Wings by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Honey Lime BBQ Chicken Thighs by Our Good Life
- Mexican Pizza by Chef Next Door
- Oven-Fried Chicken Tenders by Food Done Light
- Oven-Fried Fish Sliders by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by The Redhead Baker
- White Chicken Chili by Powered by BLING
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad by Crazed Mom
- 5-Ingredient Buckeye Dip by A Mind Full Mom
- Brownie Bomb Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Football Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Miso Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches by Ninja Baker
- Touchdown Popcorn Toffee Bark by The Weekend Gourmet
- White Chocolate Toffee Chunk Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.