This chocolate bottom strawberry cheesecake has a creamy no-bake cheesecake filling on top of a thick chocolate layer and a sweet strawberry topping. So easy and delicious!
This recipe is adapted from the back of a box that was for Jell-O No Bake cheesecake bites. I liked the idea but didn’t want to take the extra steps to make individual portions, so I expanded on the idea and I’ve been making it ever since.
Jell-O no-bake cheesecake dessert comes with everything you need to start. The box includes a cheesecake mix, graham cracker crumbs for the crust, and a sweet strawberry topping. All you have to do is add the chocolate! Makes for a perfect and quick no-bake dessert.
This easy no-bake dessert recipe has-
- One box of Jell-O no-bake strawberry cheesecake three-step mix
- Melted butter
- Chocolate chips
Where can you find Jell-O no-bake cheesecake?
You can find the boxed cheesecake package next to wherever you find Jell-O products in your store. When I get asked for this recipe, I’m always surprised at how many people have never even heard of this. I remember my mom bringing this home for the first time when I was a teenager. At the time I think it was just the basic, plain cheesecake but now they have 8 different types.
How to make chocolate bottom strawberry cheesecake step-by-step
Open the box and take out the crust mix.
In a microwave-safe 8-inch pie plate, add the pats of butter. Put into a microwave and melt the butter for 30 seconds until melted.
Carefully remove the pie pan then add the graham cracker package and sugar to the melted butter. Stir to combine everything.
Spread the crust over the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate.
In another bowl add the filling mix and milk. Beat until thickened, about 4 minutes.
To a microwave-proof dish add the chocolate chips and milk. Melt in 45-second sessions. Stirring in between. Repeat until all chocolate is melted.
Pour the melted chocolate into the bottom of the graham cracker crust.
Gently spread the chocolate into a thick layer at the bottom of the crust.
Add the cheesecake filling to the top of the chocolate layer.
Refrigerate for 2 hours minimum or up to 6 hours.
Can you replace the chocolate chips with white chocolate chips?
Yes, you can substitute semi-sweet chocolate for white chocolate chips and follow the same directions.
If I’m short on time can I skip refrigerating this cheesecake for two or more hours?
In order to make sure that the chocolate layer sets, you will need a minimum of two hours in the refrigerator.
Easy no-bake dessert recipes
When ready to serve top with the strawberry topping. And here you are…….
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Chocolate Bottom Strawberry Cheesecake
- 8-inch microwave-safe pie plate
- electric mixer
- 1 box Jello-O No Bake Cheesecake Strawberry
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cup cold milk PLUS 2 tablespoons
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a microwave-safe 8-inch pie plate, add the butter. Put into the microwave and melt the butter for 30 seconds until melted.4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Carefully remove the pie pan, then add the graham cracker package and sugar to the melted butter. Stir to combine everything.2 tablespoons sugar
- Form the crust around the pie pan, on the bottom, and up the sides.
- In another bowl, add the filling mix and milk. Beat until thickened for about 4 minutes.1 box Jello-O No Bake Cheesecake Strawberry, 1-1/2 cup cold milk
- To a microwave-proof dish, add the chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons of milk. Melt in 45-second sessions. Stirring in between. Repeat until all chocolate is melted.6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1-1/2 cup cold milk
- Gently spread the chocolate into a thick layer at the bottom of the crust.
- Add the cheesecake filling to the top of the chocolate layer.
- Refrigerate for 2-6 hours.
- When ready to serve, top with strawberry topping. Cut into 8 slices. Enjoy!
Tips for making this recipe:
- Make sure that you beat the filling mix and milk until it is thickened. If it’s left too thin, it will have to stay in the refrigerator longer than 2 hours.
- To store: cover the pie plate with loose plastic wrap and eat within 3 days.
Originally published in January of 2019. Updated post in August of 2021 with new photos, same great recipe.
*Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.
Last Updated on June 30, 2022 by [email protected]
I hadn’t heard of this dessert either but it could be because my husband isn’t a huge cream cheese (or cheesecake) fan. I am definitely going to keep this one in mind for when I host bunco next month. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you for stopping by! I’m sure it will be a hit at your next brunch.
Oh my goodness! What could be tastier than chocolate and strawberries! I would have to see this recipe especially since I’m trying to lose weight 🙂
Visiting you from the Saturday Sharefest at The Sits Girls.
Thank you! Chocolate & strawberries are a perfect pair.