This Chocolate Bottom Strawberry Cheesecake has a creamy cheesecake filling on top of a thick chocolate layer and a sweet strawberry topping. So easy and delicious!
Jello-O No Bake Cheesecake Dessert comes with everything you need to start. The box includes a cheesecake mix, a buttery, and crunchy graham cracker crust and the sweet strawberry topping. All you have to do is add the chocolate! Makes for a perfect & quick Chocolate Bottom Strawberry Cheesecake.
You can find this dessert at many of the picnics that we attend during the summer. I like taking it because not only is it delicious but it gets rave reviews. Call me an attention seeker, but I love it when people enjoy what I bring to the table.
When I get asked for the recipe and I tell them how easy it is I’m always surprised at how many people have never even heard of this stuff. I remember my mom bringing this home for the first time when I was a teenager and how excited she was to try it. At the time I think that it was just the basic, plain cheesecake but now they have 8 different types. Check them out! Like I usually say, ‘It’s with the Jell-O just usually on the very top shelf at the store.
How to make Chocolate Bottom Strawberry Cheesecake:
Open the box of Jell-o Cheesecake and take out the crust mix. Add the mix to an 8-inch pie plate.
In a bowl melt the butter.
Add sugar to the crust mix and then add the butter. Spread the crust over the bottom and sides of the pie plate.
In another bowl add the filling mix and milk. Beat until thickened, about 2 minutes.
To a microwave proof dish add the chocolate chips and milk. Melt in 45-second sessions. Stirring in between. Repeat until all chocolate is melted.
Add on top of the graham cracker crust.
Add the filling. Refrigerate for 2 or more hours.
This recipe is adapted from the back of a box that was for Jell-O No Bake cheesecake bites. I liked the idea but didn’t want to take the extra steps to make individual portions so I expanded on the idea and I’ve been making it ever since. Check out the whole process in the video here—>
When ready to serve top with the strawberry topping. And here you are…….
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Originally published August of 2016. Updated photos & recipe January of 2019.
*Affiliate links are included in this post. Please read my Discloser Policy.
**Music ‘A Hoot’ by Partners in Rhyme
Chocolate Bottom Strawberry Cheesecake
- 1 box Jello-O No Bake Cheesecake Strawberry
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 5 Tbs butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cup cold milk PLUS 2 Tbs
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Prepare graham cracker crust according to package directions. Adding crumbs from box, 2 Tbs sugar and melted butter. Mix and form as crust in pie pan.
- Add chocolate chips and 2 Tbs cold milk to microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 45 seconds. Take chocolate and stir until well combined. Pour onto the top of prepared crust.
- Add pudding mix and remaining 1-1/2 cup cold milk. Mix with electric mixer for 3-5 minutes. Add pudding mix on top of chocolate bottom.
- Refrigerate for 2-6 hours.
- When ready to serve top with strawberry topping.
- Cut into 8 pieces. Enjoy!