While I’ve never been one to cook seafood at home I decided to give it a spin since I’ve been wanting to add some fish to our diets. The one that I have been making lately has been a huge hit at dinnertime and that’s what I like to call ‘Sheet Pan Salmon’.
To say that this dinner is family friendly would be an understatement. My 10 year old LOVES seafood. I was a little worried what the 3 year old would think since he can tend to be a picky eater but he gobbled up a few pieces I cut then asked for more. Even my husband who isn’t a big seafood eater liked it. For me I’ve always enjoyed seafood and salmon especially. Growing up my family was full of adventurous eaters and I’m hoping my boys will be too as I expand my home cooking skills.
The fish that I used was on sale and already came seasoned with a spicy peppercorn marinade. You can choose one already seasoned, it really added to the flavor of the dish and wasn’t overpowered by the topping I added. This will take one average sized sheet pan. Cover with tin foil then oil it so the fish doesn’t stick. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash and chop the asparagus (my favorite-check out my other Sunday Supper recipe Asparagus Soup), chop the onions then put them both in a bowl. Drizzle with 1 Tbs oil, salt and pepper. Stir to coat all the veggies. Now combine the ingredients for the creamy topping: mayo, Parmesan cheese, garlic, artichoke hearts and lemon juice.
Place the fish onto the greased sheet pan. Take the asparagus mixture and layer around the salmon. Spread the mayonnaise mixture on top the salmon. For the crunchy topping you can easily use breadcrumbs to top this off why not crush up some homemade croutons? Place it all into the preheated oven and cook for 30 minutes.
I served this meal with some mashed sweet potatoes. So sweet and creamy they were a perfect balance with the fish. And here you…..
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
I would like to thank this weeks Sunday Supper host Claire McEwen of Sprinkles & Spouts. For more sensational seafood recipes check these out……
25+ Best Sunday Supper Seafood Recipes
- Chili-Lime Scallops by Girl Abroad
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp by Simple and Savory
- Coconut Mahi Kale Salad with Citrus Dijon Vinaigrette by Gourmet Everyday
- Crab Cake Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Crab Cakes with Tartar Sauce by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Salmon Sliders by Sunday Supper Movement
- Grilled Baby Octopus by Food Lust People Love
- Manhattan Clam Chowder by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mediterranean Shrimp Bruschetta by The Weekend Gourmet
- Salmon Tartare by Caroline’s Cooking
- Smoked Salmon, Orange and Avocado Salad by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Ten Minute Sweet and Spicy Shrimp by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Cioppino by Monica’s Table
- Easy Tilapia Pomodoro Dinner by My Life Cookbook
- Frutti Di Mare by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lemony Salmon and Asparagus Foil Packets by Our Good Life
- New Orleans Style Barbecue Shrimp by Flour On My Face
- No Fail Beer Battered Fish by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- One Pan Mustard Crusted Halibut and Vegetables by Pies and Plots
- Pecan Crusted Cod by From the Bookshelf
- Salmon Honey-Lemon Teriyaki by Asian In America
- Saucy Cod Fillets Florentine by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Scallops with Orange Butter Sauce by My savory spoon
- Seafood Fettuccine Alfredo by The Freshman Cook
- Seafood Laksa by Brunch-n-Bites
- Sheet Pan Salmon by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Shrimp Salad Sandwich by Soulfully Made
- Shrimp Scampi Pasta by Crazed Mom
- Soft Shell Salmon Tacos with Mango Salsa by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sweet and Sour Salmon by Cricket’s Confections
- Teriyaki Mahi Mahi with Mango Salsa by Wholistic Woman
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.