Who is ready for 4th of July? ** Raises hand, Me! Me! Me!** Anyone else? I mean what is not to love? Cookouts, fireworks, ice cold beer, fireworks, parades and more fireworks and best of all cookout food! This year I decided to try something different with my no bake cheesecake and ended up very happy with the results. My Red, White & Blue No Bake Cheesecake will be making the cookout rounds this year.
Every year for the 4th of July growing up we would have big parties at my grandparents house. Their home was on the main street of a small town and the parade went right by. Afterwards we would have a cookout. So much fun and so many great memories.
This year we plan on spending most of the time by the pool at our new home. Kicking back and relaxing and spending time with the family is what it is all about, am I right? So now on to the dessert!
To get the ‘blue’ obviously I decided to use blueberries. Clean and wash 2 cups of them then add to a pot with sugar, water and cornstarch. Bring to a boil over medium heat and let reduce and cook the berries down for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool completely.
Once the blueberries have cooled it’s time to make the rest of the cheesecake. Prepare the crust using the graham cracker mix, sugar and melted butter. Put crust into a greased pie plate making sure to get the crust up onto the sides of the plate as well. Mix the cheesecake filling and milk together with an electric mixer for 2-4 minutes.
Take half of the cheesecake filling and mix with the cooled blueberry sauce. Place the blueberry layer on the crust. Add the rest of the filling on top of the blueberry layer. Now put the pie into the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Before serving add the cherry topping after refrigerating. Slice and serve…and here you are…..
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Blueberry Sauce adapted from Farm Girl Gabs.
As always thank you to our Sunday Supper host! Check out these other recipes your 4th of July crowd will be sure to love.
Red, White, and Blue Sunday Supper Recipes
Patriotic Picnic Picks
- American Flag Layered Dip by Soulfully Made
- Baked Blueberry Pancake with Cherry Syrup by Pies and Plots
- Gluten Free Blueberry Almond Coffee Cake by Cricket’s Confections
- Blueberry Cherry Chia Pudding Parfaits by Daily Dish Recipes
- Blueberry Watermelon Salad by The Crumby Cupcake
- Boozy Red, White and Blue Fruit Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Healthy Greek Yogurt Parfait with Summer Fruit by Confessions of an Over-worked Mom
- Patriotic Slaw by Our Good Life
- Red White and Blueberry Dinner Salad by Cooking With Carlee
- Red, White and Blue Deviled Eggs by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Tomato, Cucumber and Bleu Cheese Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- American Flag Fruit Tart by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Blueberry Strawberry Swirl Sherbet by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Key Lime Cream Puffs by Gourmet Everyday
- Patriotic Low Carb Vanilla Mousse in the Instant Pot by My Life Cookbook
- Red White & Blue Bundt Cake by Restless Chipotle
- Red White and Blue Banana Ice Cream by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Red, White & Blue No Bake Cheesecake by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Red, White and Blue Broken Glass Jell-o by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Rollitos de Vino Blanco by What Smells So Good?
- Rose Petal Jam Filled Blueberry Cupcakes by NinjaBaker.com
- Star Spangled Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Strawberry and White Chocolate Panna Cotta by Tara’s Multicultural Table
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Need a quick pie recipe?