Summer certainly went by quickly. Now that school is back into swing and football practice two nights a week I really need to make sure that I can get dinner on the table without much fuss. This Salsa Chicken Skillet it perfect!
This is something that I’ve been making for years. It’s really quick, just a few ingredients and all cooked in one pan. So gather your ingredients….
Add the oil to the pan then add chicken and the onion. Saute until chicken is cooked through. I like to set up the rest of my ingredients next to my pan. Once chicken is cooked pour the flour over the top then add the chicken stock and ranch dressing. While it’s coming to a boil cut up your tortillas like a pie. Once it’s to a boil add your tortillas to the top of the skillet and stir to combine. Cook for around 3-5 minutes. On top of the chicken & tortillas pour the entire jar of salsa on top. Don’t stir. Place cheese on top. Cook until cheese it melted. Serve with some lettuce and sour cream. And here you are….
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Thank you so much to this Sunday Supper host Liz from that Skinny Chick Can Bake. Do you need more quick meal ideas? Check these out……
Favorite Skillet Breakfasts
- Sweet Potato, Bacon, and Egg Skillet by Positively Stacey
Favorite Skillet Sides
- Crispy Roasted Sweet Potatoes by Home Sweet Homestead
Favorite Skillet Entrees
- Alex’s Favorite Skillet Meal by The Freshman Cook
- Apple, Squash and Chicken Skillet by The Redhead Baker
- Black Bean and Rice Skillet by Wholistic Woman
- Chakchouka (Tunisian Eggs in Tomato Sauce) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Chili Joes by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- How to cook ChopSuey Vegetable Stir Fry with Beef by Asian In America
- Clean Eating Hamburger Helper Skillet by A Mind Full Mom
- Creamy Paprika Chicken & Peppers by My Life Cookbook
- Easy Pink Pasta Skillet by Family Foodie
- Easy Skillet Lasagna by New South Charm
- Greek Turkey Spinach Skillet by Cooking Chat
- Hatch Chile Shakshuka by Helpful Homemade
- Healthy Vegetable Skillet Dinner by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Huevos Rancheros by The Hungry Goddess
- Japanese Korean Tofu Sliders by The Ninja Baker
- Healthy Kielbasa, Brussels Sprouts, Potato & Pear Skillet by Food Done Light
- Kung Pao Chicken by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lemon Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken and Vegetables by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Loaded Skillet White Pesto Pizza by Crazed Mom
- One Pan Taco Rice Skillet by The Chef Next Door
- One Pot Beef Stroganoff by My World Simplified
- Pork and Sweet Potato Hash by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Pork with Gingered Pluots by Palatable Pastime
- Salsa Chicken Skillet by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Sautéed Gnocchi with Pomodo Crudo by What Smells So Good?
- Smothered Potatoes and Sausage by Sunday Supper Movement
- Spanish Rice and Beef Skillet Dinner by Meal Planning Magic
- Spicy Sausage Pasta Skillet by Caroline’s Cooking
- Summer Squash Frittata by Pies and Plots
- Tamale Pie by Monica’s Table
- Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Skillet by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Veggie-Packed Sloppy Joes by Powered By BLING
- Yellow Rice Skillet by Cricket’s Confections
Favorite Skillet Desserts
- Fudgy Skillet Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie by The Crumby Cupcake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
I’m going to come right out and say something that might make my unpopular. Summer is coming to an end and I am very happy about it. I know this kind of talk is shunned, especially in a state like Michigan, but I can’t help it. Fall is the best! Smother everything in pumpkin and give me a chunky sweater and I am in my element. If your bummed about the cooling weather at least be perked up with something that is also a big part of Fall? Football! Let me also share with you my boys favorite snack during games as a peace offering, Ham & Salami Roll-ups.
Our town really gets in to football. My 10-year-old plays on the local Rocket Football team which my husband coaches. No matter what corner of town you’re on you can hear the crowds cheering and band playing on Friday night High School home games. For college teams my house is divided. My husband is University of Michigan but my son is Spartans all the way. Then geographically we live in Michigan but we are within 30 minutes of Notre Dame so we have a lot of their fans in our town too. Oh, and we live within 35 minutes of Western Michigan. As my husband recently said after taking our 10 yr. old to the WMU football camp “It is a great time for kids living in this area with all these great schools around.” I agree.
And don’t even get me started on Pro Football. We live within 2 hours of Chicago so my family is Bears while another part of our family are Lions fans. I could go on but I won’t I would rather show you how with just a few ingredients you can be on your way to wowing your football loving crowd no matter who you root for. Now let’s get on a roll with this recipe!
First, make sure that your cream cheese has softened some. If you try and mix the spices it will be too hard if not and then also you can tar the tortilla when spreading it. I left mine out for about 30 minutes. Once softened add your chili powder, garlic & seasoning salt to it. Mix well.
Next cut up all your cheese and tomatoes. You will get 3 roll-ups from each tortilla so make sure you have 36 pieces of cheese, tomatoes and olives for the garnish.
All that’s left to do is assemble. I lay out all of my tortillas and then layer from there. Tortilla layered with cream cheese mixture, add salami, add ham, add pickle and roll.
Now you will add 3 toothpicks to secure. Cut in even sections. Add piece of cheese, tomato and olive for garnish. If you love ham based appetizers you can also check out my Ham It Up Cheese Ball. And here you are….
From our home in the Bottom Left of the Mitten to yours ~ Enjoy!
Thank you so much to Coleen from The Redhead Baker for hosting this weeks Sunday Supper. Get your hungry game watchers filled up fast with these other Easy Football Food Ideas…….
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Avocado Corn Salad by Books ‘n Cooks
- Bacon-wrapped Shrimp Jalapeño Poppers by Food Lust People Love
- BLT Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs by Highlands Ranch Foodie
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos with Cilantro Crème by Cooking with Carlee
- Chipotle Lime Chicken Fajita Sliders by Flavor Mosaic
- Cucumber Shrimp Cups by Sunday Supper Movement
- Game Day Burger Sliders by Dessert Geek
- Gyro Meatballs & Herbed Yogurt Dip by My Life Cookbook
- Ham and Salami Rollups by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Healthier Patatas Bravas by Caroline’s Cooking
- Kale Pesto Dip by Cooking Chat
- Lemony Chicken Wings by Basic N Delicious
- Liptauer (Hungarian Cheese Spread) by Curious Cuisinere
- Loaded Guacamole by Casa de Crews
- Loaded Smashed Potatoes by The Hungry Goddess
- Mexican Spinach Dip by Meal Planning Magic
- Nachodillas with Jalapeno Bean Dip by Palatable Pastime
- No-Bake Almond Energy Bites by Pies and Plots
- PB&J Wings by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pork Belly Sliders by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Queso Blanco Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Roasted Jalapeno and Chorizo Queso by The Texan New Yorker
- Sausage Pizza Dip from Family Foodie
- Ultimate Taco Dip by Monica’s Table
- Bacon Swiss Burger Sliders by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Black Bean Chili by Cricket’s Confections
- Blackberry Sriracha BBQ Wings by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Honey Lime BBQ Chicken Thighs by Our Good Life
- Mexican Pizza by Chef Next Door
- Oven-Fried Chicken Tenders by Food Done Light
- Oven-Fried Fish Sliders by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by The Redhead Baker
- White Chicken Chili by Powered by BLING
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad by Crazed Mom
- 5-Ingredient Buckeye Dip by A Mind Full Mom
- Brownie Bomb Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Football Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Miso Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches by Ninja Baker
- Touchdown Popcorn Toffee Bark by The Weekend Gourmet
- White Chocolate Toffee Chunk Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Need a quick pie recipe?